Fill me up, Lord

"You will seek me, & find me when you seek me w/ all your heart," God says. But that is not the whole story. I'm not just a searcher. I'm also a hider. You too. We have to come face-to-face w/ our tendency to hide, to get lost. ~John Ortberg, Love Beyond Reason

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Pleasure

I'm excited to participate in the Self-Discovery Word-by-Word Blogger Series.

This month's word is PLEASURE!!!

The dictionary defines pleasure as "a sensual gratification; a feeling of happy satisfaction & enjoyment; entertainment contrasted with doing things out of necessity."

From a dieter's perspective, the word pleasure is very sinful and connotes thoughts of cheating, binge-ing, and other unhealthful patterns.

At this point of my life pleasure is a positive word and symbolizes freedom. Freedom, balance and discovery.

I find pleasure in being with my girlfriends who have known me for ten years and longer. They recall my mishaps and stories with joy and love over fondue and chocolate, of course. Is there any other way?

Pleasure is being part of a book club, and surrounding myself with people that have a voracious love of reading, even if it's not the classics!! :) Pleasure is finally reading a book I've had on my list for months, and enjoying it to its fullest.

Doing vinyasa yoga, feeling the bliss of movement as you dance...
- even though your child inside tells you that dancing is wrong, and then you tell that child to "F-off".

There is pleasure in telling "the voice" to F-off.

For me pleasure equates freedom.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home