Fill me up, Lord

"You will seek me, & find me when you seek me w/ all your heart," God says. But that is not the whole story. I'm not just a searcher. I'm also a hider. You too. We have to come face-to-face w/ our tendency to hide, to get lost. ~John Ortberg, Love Beyond Reason

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Oprah's Vegan Challenge

I watched Oprah's "1 Week Vegan Challenge" on television last night. I have no desire to give up animal products, especially meat, but the show does renew my awareness of eating responsibly. It also revitalized my enthusiasm for eating less-processed foods, especially fresh produce in the line of fruit and veg.

I loved that Michael Pollan called for a "Dietary Revival." I immediately pulled out my copy of "The Omnivores Dilemma."

However, I am snowed in. So I must go "freezer diving." It's SO SCARY!!!! :)

Now I want to hear from you:
What actions have you taken to eat in a more ethic manner?

2 Comments:

  • At 11:12 AM, February 09, 2011, Blogger Lo said…

    so I havent been to Moksha but I have always wanted to. I heard it was awesome!

    xoxo
    Lo

    p.s. I am trying the vegan challenge in a few weeks to see if it can be done by this meat loving gal :)

     
  • At 6:51 AM, February 16, 2011, Anonymous Sarah said…

    Hi, Lived:-).
    I just saw your comments on my blog. I really love hearing from you; I so enjoy reading about your perspective.
    Thank you for saying you don't want to see what I eat every day.I wanted to hear your opinion, and I completely agree with you on this one!
    Also, yes I am a teacher. I have my degree in Secondary English Ed. but I teach Adult Basic Education classes at a community college. My class is the step BEFORE taking a GED class.
    And to answer your queston about eating in a more ethnic manner, I've tried to purchase produce, meat, and dairy from local, organic farmers, but I must say my efforts have been somewhat sporatic.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home