Fill me up, Lord

"You will seek me, & find me when you seek me w/ all your heart," God says. But that is not the whole story. I'm not just a searcher. I'm also a hider. You too. We have to come face-to-face w/ our tendency to hide, to get lost. ~John Ortberg, Love Beyond Reason

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Dating

So I've been dating a lot lately...
not boys unfortunately,
but trying out new situations, new places and spaces.

I've been a tourist to new ways of doing things.
Things I disagree with.
Philosophies that make me go.. Whah?

So much I resonate with,
and the rest?

I leave behind.

Commitment phobe? Probably.
But my life is fun
as a
tourist and habitual dater.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:46 AM, February 28, 2011, Anonymous Sarah said…

    I'm kind of like that, too:-).

     
  • At 2:28 PM, March 02, 2011, Blogger Gemma said…

    I don't think you're commitment phobic at all, actually. You're trying new things, challenging yourself, keeping what works and getting rid of what doesn't. That's evolution & growth. It's how we keep ourselves from becoming old and twisted and bitter.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home