Fill me up, Lord

"You will seek me, & find me when you seek me w/ all your heart," God says. But that is not the whole story. I'm not just a searcher. I'm also a hider. You too. We have to come face-to-face w/ our tendency to hide, to get lost. ~John Ortberg, Love Beyond Reason

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Fairly Mindful

Fairly Mindful is much more manageable and achievable than fully mindfully.
Fairly is doable and reachable. (Do I sound like a SMART goal?)

Even in the midst of distraction, I can take slices of moments to be fairly mindful.
Like an orange slice, not a banana peal.

However, why I would I settle for fairly instead of fully?

In what circumstances do you struggle with being fairly/fully mindful?

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 6:30 PM, January 20, 2011, Anonymous Michele @ Healthy Cultivations said…

    I like your statement about "slices of moments." I used to talk about how I had moments of deep inner peace, and then decided I'd think of life as "collecting moments" until the moments turned into minutes, hours, days. And they did.

     
  • At 6:30 PM, January 21, 2011, Blogger Literacygirl said…

    Yes, it's good to collect these moments of mindfullness and put them in our pocket to pull out during times of stress. When we go into numbing mode, we can go back to those pockets of experiences, and remember a time when it was difference. Always moving forward, not going backward, but rather remembering.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home