Fill me up, Lord

"You will seek me, & find me when you seek me w/ all your heart," God says. But that is not the whole story. I'm not just a searcher. I'm also a hider. You too. We have to come face-to-face w/ our tendency to hide, to get lost. ~John Ortberg, Love Beyond Reason

Friday, November 12, 2010

Bitter & Sweet: a duality of feelings

I just won a free copy of Shauna Niequist's new book "Bittersweet"!

BITTERSWEET

I think most changes in life are bitter & sweet.
I remember my job change-
closer to family, more continuing education offered,

but less pay, loss of friends, loss of ministry.

My singleness is very bittersweet
-I don't have children nor a mate,
but I do have independence.

The bitter & sweet have different components,
but are all apart of my journey

& really a window to who I am as a person

& my relationship w/God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home