Fill me up, Lord

"You will seek me, & find me when you seek me w/ all your heart," God says. But that is not the whole story. I'm not just a searcher. I'm also a hider. You too. We have to come face-to-face w/ our tendency to hide, to get lost. ~John Ortberg, Love Beyond Reason

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Personal Rhythms

I love Sacred Rhythms by Ruth Haley Barton and reading about St. Benedict's Rule of Life.


Establishing my own personal rhythms...

Recognition of the fact that there are times of life when it can't all be done.
Spending some time with community, and yet...
Leaving Empty Spaces for personal alone time.
Getting the proper amount of sleep.
Be disciplined and organized.
Don't worry about doing a perfect job. You can't.
Do a "good enough" job. Which is hard to do when you want to be the best.

Intentional preparation


Someone blogged -"The key for me is "pace": do what you can with the time you've got and give God thanks. Get up tomorrow and go at it again."

---

What Rhythms work well for you? How has God help you identify them?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home