Fill me up, Lord

"You will seek me, & find me when you seek me w/ all your heart," God says. But that is not the whole story. I'm not just a searcher. I'm also a hider. You too. We have to come face-to-face w/ our tendency to hide, to get lost. ~John Ortberg, Love Beyond Reason

Monday, April 27, 2009

On being "footprints" & leaving legacies.

A Worthwhile Meditation,
revised from a post by Margaret Feinberg
This meditation from Cardinal Newman.

“God has created me to do Him some definite service; He has committed some work to me which He has not committed to another.

I have my mission --

I may never know it
in this life,

but I shall be told it in the next.
I am a link in a chain,
a bond of connection between persons.
He has not created me for nothing. I shall do good, I shall do His work.

Therefore I will trust Him. Whatever, wherever I am. I cannot be thrown away. If I am in sickness, my sickness may serve Him; in perplexity, my perplexity may serve Him; if I am in sorrow, my sorrow may serve Him. He does nothing in vain. He knows what He is about. He may take away my friends, He may throw me among strangers, He may make me feel desolate, make my spirits sink, hide my future from me -- still He knows what He is about.”

Amen. And amen.
Sometimes I don't feel like I have a worthwhile purpose. I think, "How could and why would God ever want to use me?"

But it's things like this that remind me that I am part of a bigger picture.
That I matter.

A lot of time we tend to forget that.

May I allow His glory to be evident in everything and may I take action in faith; it is through action that God uses me and changes me.

Oh, the mystery of the Triune God!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:38 PM, July 09, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am not going to be original this time, so all I am going to say that your blog rocks, sad that I don't have suck a writing skills

     

Post a Comment

<< Home