Fill me up, Lord

"You will seek me, & find me when you seek me w/ all your heart," God says. But that is not the whole story. I'm not just a searcher. I'm also a hider. You too. We have to come face-to-face w/ our tendency to hide, to get lost. ~John Ortberg, Love Beyond Reason

Monday, May 19, 2008

Dreaming of Hussein

I had a dream that I was in the Senate listening to them take attendance. It was taking forever. You see, after each state's roll was taken, then the senators had a chance to share what legislation they'd like to pass for the year. A woman senator from IL (make-believe -not Carol Mosely Braun -that would have been a nightmare!) proposed an amendment that would tie the presidency to gaining the popular vote rather than the electoral. I was concerned about this, and since I was sitting next to Senator Obama, I asked him about it -whether we could do it in a year or not. It was very nice about it. Next I wanted to discuss with him why evangelicals did not support ERA. (I KNOW why... but in the dream wanted to discuss it.)

Interestingly enough, I was "keeping score" of the attendance/roll call much like you would at a baseball game in terms of taking notes on the game play on the field.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:32 AM, May 20, 2008, Blogger LEHIGH VALLEY PROJECT said…

    Hey Literacy girl,

    Richie Merritt here from the Lehigh Valley Project blog. Thanks for checking it out? How did you find it? Just curious?

    With respect to this post, Evangelicals did not support ERA? What does that mean? Do you mean the Equal Rights Amendment? You may want to check the facts on this, but if you are equating Evangelicals with Republican - the truth is that without the Republicans, the ERA would never have passed. Many democrats voted against is, including Al Gore's father and many Southern Democrats. The Republicans pushed the vote through. Seriously, go back and look at the voting record for that. Now if you are saying Evangelicals as in "Christians" not supporting that - then shame on them! Another Black eye for the cause of Christ. I actually had never heard that before.

    Anyway.., I Love Henri Nouwen Meditations and get the daily and weekly ones.

    By the way.., do I know you possibly? Just curious?

    IHL,

    Richie

     
  • At 3:51 PM, May 20, 2008, Blogger Literacygirl said…

    Thanks for visiting. I was referring to the Equal Rights Amendment, which expired in 1979, regarding the prohibition of inequality of men and women

     
  • At 6:21 PM, June 07, 2008, Blogger Dave Carlson said…

    Jill,

    I'm curious why, in the subject line, you refer to Senator Obama by his middle name. Do you also sometimes refer to John McCain by his middle name, Sydney? If not, why not?

    Just curious.
    Dave

     
  • At 11:36 AM, June 08, 2008, Blogger Literacygirl said…

    Hi there David.

    I referred to Obama by his middle name to draw attention to this post.

    I do not know McCain's middle name, however, if I have a dream about McCain and decide to write about it, I may refer to him by his middle name as well.

    Stay tuned.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home