Fill me up, Lord

"You will seek me, & find me when you seek me w/ all your heart," God says. But that is not the whole story. I'm not just a searcher. I'm also a hider. You too. We have to come face-to-face w/ our tendency to hide, to get lost. ~John Ortberg, Love Beyond Reason

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Recent musings...

I found it disheartening that former-Gov. Jim Thompson is currently representing former disgraced Gov. George Ryan. (almost said JIM Ryan.... who SHOULD have been GOV.) George... the Supreme Court? Really? Just do your time and get it over with. Yes, you are old. Yes, you have heart problems. But you are not fooling anyone. Just look at yourself in the mirror. You done did evil.

Crocs
They are ugly. Stop wearing them unless you are under the age of 15. I don't care if they are comfortable. Y'all look like fools! And maybe you don't care.... but you should. It is bad karma to wear those ridiculous items.

I've been rereading "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn", for like the 840983290483920th time. This time I'm just reading my favorite parts though. What are you all reading? I'd like to read that book by Barbara Kingsolver about utilizing locally-grown food. But at the same time, I have a huge craving for tuna casserole with potato chip crumbs on top. I haven't had that in years.

Finally, I've decided to root for the Rockies even though they have no hope. My dad says they have never won. Plus I heard this remarkable commentary by Chuck Colson that solidified my choice. (Which is interesting because I rarely agree with anything this man has to say.) He talked about the character of this organization and their amazing hiring practices that truly looks for people who will support the virutes that this team/corporation has adopted and adhered to. Who woulda thunk it... character actually counts and pays off! (BTW.. CC is a life-long Boston Red Sox fan). I hope CC has hired some body guards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home