Fill me up, Lord

"You will seek me, & find me when you seek me w/ all your heart," God says. But that is not the whole story. I'm not just a searcher. I'm also a hider. You too. We have to come face-to-face w/ our tendency to hide, to get lost. ~John Ortberg, Love Beyond Reason

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Not black & white: Gray for God

Why are people so intent on labeling people?
Po-mo, modern, fundamentalist, evangelical?

Does it really matter?

Let's just have community and be Jesus.



******
(OK, now that I write this, I forget how having a label just makes me more comfortable whether it is a child's learning disability or dealing with a mental diagnosis, etc.)

Why are human beings so uncomfortable with gray and ambiguity?


*****
Let's just listen to each other.
Not babble to hear yourself speak
& prove that YOU are right and you can't be wrong.
***
I just spell-checked... I am so proud that I spelled ambguity correctly! I get a sticker! (Or maybe a Sunday nap.)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home