Fill me up, Lord

"You will seek me, & find me when you seek me w/ all your heart," God says. But that is not the whole story. I'm not just a searcher. I'm also a hider. You too. We have to come face-to-face w/ our tendency to hide, to get lost. ~John Ortberg, Love Beyond Reason

Sunday, August 26, 2007

No superstar skills required -only love.

Jealous because you're not John Piper or Darlene Zschech?

Don't be.

I Corinthians says... (verse 8ish)
All the special gifts and powers from God will someday come to an end, but LOVE GOES ON FOREVER. Someday prophecy, and speaking in unknown languages, and special knowledge -these gifts will disappear... even with our spiritual gifts/preaching.... but when we have been made perfect and complete, then the need for these inadequate special gifts will come to an end, and they will disappear.

12ish
We can see and understand only a little about God now, as if we were peering at his reflection in a poor mirror; but someday we are going to see him in his completeness, face to face. Now all that I know is hazy and blurred, but then I will see everything clearly, just as clearly as God sees into my heart right now.

13
There are three things that remain -faith, hope, and love-and the greatest of these is love.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home