Fill me up, Lord

"You will seek me, & find me when you seek me w/ all your heart," God says. But that is not the whole story. I'm not just a searcher. I'm also a hider. You too. We have to come face-to-face w/ our tendency to hide, to get lost. ~John Ortberg, Love Beyond Reason

Saturday, August 18, 2007

History Repeats Itself?

I've been watching a documentary about John Lennon this evening, and it's erie to hear statements about war that certainly could be said today. Especially when Richard Nixon said that he had a secret plan to end the war, and then once in office he would not reveal his exit strategy or timeline. Sound familiar? The difference is that in the 60's you were being arrested for such anti-establishment statements, and today they are broadcast every night on CNN and the like.

I guess protest IS patriotism as long as you are not just protesting... you have to put your words into action to evoke change.

Singing "Give Peace a Chance" does not seem all together relavent in today's situation, as the moment we leave presently, tens of thousands of people will die at the hand of racial extremeists. Well, I guess that happened when we left Vietnam as well.

I know we need to leave, but how can we just leave the innocent Iraqis alone and vulnerable... how can we strengthen the leadership skills of their people?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home