Fill me up, Lord

"You will seek me, & find me when you seek me w/ all your heart," God says. But that is not the whole story. I'm not just a searcher. I'm also a hider. You too. We have to come face-to-face w/ our tendency to hide, to get lost. ~John Ortberg, Love Beyond Reason

Monday, August 27, 2007

Fill in the blank...

I shamelessly stole this from another blog...

"Name a ____________ that has helped/challenged you on your spiritual journey:”

1. Book. (No more than 2)

2. Piece of music.

3. Work of art.

4. Film. . .

5. Unusual engagement with popular culture.

I'm still working on my answers, but so far...
1. Love Beyond Reason/Chronicles of Narnia
2. Handel's Messiah, Haydn's Creation/St. Matthew's Passion (Bach, I believe)
3.
4.
5. I think visiting Salt Lake City just broke my heart and gave me a renewed passion for/of the urgency of saving souls. Also, visiting a dump/ghetto in Nairobi.

*Remember, it doesn't necessarily have to be a "sacred" piece... it's fun to see how the secular often reflects the sacred even with or without intention!

I don't think some of you are getting it. I need to know YOUR answers.... (or else!)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home