Fill me up, Lord

"You will seek me, & find me when you seek me w/ all your heart," God says. But that is not the whole story. I'm not just a searcher. I'm also a hider. You too. We have to come face-to-face w/ our tendency to hide, to get lost. ~John Ortberg, Love Beyond Reason

Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Safest Place

Being married doesn't make you safe...
Being at a certain weight doesn't make you safe...
Having the right friends or the "right" amount of money/lifestyle doesn't seem to work either.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love all of the above.

But...

The safest place on Earth is in my Heavenly Father's arms...

1 Comments:

  • At 6:28 PM, July 08, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is very beautiful and touching. The closest I can make it to that feeling is when I pray with another person. I wish that I could get there myself. My own biological father was and is an abusive man; so I really, really need the love and assurance of a heavenly Father. I'm reading different Psalms, as you and Catherine suggested. It does help some. Thanks :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home