Fill me up, Lord

"You will seek me, & find me when you seek me w/ all your heart," God says. But that is not the whole story. I'm not just a searcher. I'm also a hider. You too. We have to come face-to-face w/ our tendency to hide, to get lost. ~John Ortberg, Love Beyond Reason

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Happy, Busy, & practicing manners

I'm still happy to be happy. I love that the summer light will naturally wake me up so that I feel good about getting up early. I still get home absolutely exhausted though. Right now I am rereading "Intuitive Eating". You can check it out on my library thing. (to the right)

This is a big week for me. Today my clients had two presentations for their superiors that I had to supervise. They had to research and read a biography, dress up as that person, and give a narrative first-person speech. I was so proud of them. Upper management on my end also attended and gave me kudos which was nice.

I am out Tu & W for training. Weds is also our portfolio night, where my clients and their superiors come in to look at the clients' work samples and projects from throughout the year. I love seeing past clients that I had supervised. Many of these former clients have moved up in the organization.

Thursday we have a field meeting. It actually will be a work related banquet. Yes, we are bringing 140 clients to a Marriott-type of banquet hall, where they will be able to demonstrate culturally-appropriate manners and strategies amongst themselves. This is a culminating activity, as the clients have been trained in this area for many week. Several of their supervisors have thanked me in advance, for planning this work-related banquet.

I just cannot believe that it is almost the end of our organization's financial and educational year. I think I could actually go a bit longer. But... the pool calls!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home