Fill me up, Lord

"You will seek me, & find me when you seek me w/ all your heart," God says. But that is not the whole story. I'm not just a searcher. I'm also a hider. You too. We have to come face-to-face w/ our tendency to hide, to get lost. ~John Ortberg, Love Beyond Reason

Sunday, February 11, 2007

No Flabbiness!

A mantra that serves well for my physical and spiritual workouts:

go heavy... be intense or go home

"Go heavy... Be intense or go home."
Perhaps for the spiritual workout I might replace "be intense" with "be authentic & genuine".

"Exercise daily in God, no spiritual flabbiness, please! Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever."
1 Timothy 4:7-8 (The Message)

I love www.peertrainer.com

Bible Reading update: I got stuck in Luke (no offense to him), so I came across this tape of the book of Luke being performed by an actor. It was a monologue-type thing. I got it in Urbana '97 or '96. Wow, am I old!!! Now I am on to John...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home