Fill me up, Lord

"You will seek me, & find me when you seek me w/ all your heart," God says. But that is not the whole story. I'm not just a searcher. I'm also a hider. You too. We have to come face-to-face w/ our tendency to hide, to get lost. ~John Ortberg, Love Beyond Reason

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Visitors, political rant, Lost&Found, Yoga/Requests

Ok.... So....
I have people who come to my blog by way of googling "Brandon Manning". I am honored! I started "The Ragamuffin Gospel", but got sidetracked by another book.

someone also googled "Nancy Lee DeMoss" (finally finished that study by the way)

Don't blame Republican senators & congress members, for the President's overextension of executive power (just thought I'd add that in.) Also... I have changed my mind on Rumsfeld... We need to get him out, and now. We need another direction to lead this operation. And please, all the Democrats do is whine and say, "Send the troops home!". Yeah right. Like THAT would be a good idea.... Leaving Iraq to be overtaken by Iran or who knows who else. Have you ever heard of WWII people??? Democratic candidates: If you can't put up, shut up. Get a freaking plan people. You people are worse than James Dobson is in the whining department.

This is a consumer alert: Do NOT buy Target's Women's daily multivitamin. It is a take off on the "One a day" tablets. The Jewel generic brand is fine, but this generic made me puke, literally.

It was an odd day...

I woke up this morning, tapped on my glasses to make sure my lens was secure, as last night in the middle of Caribou Coffee, in the middle of my order of the new holiday drink Ho, ho, ho or something like that (by the way- not that great), my lens POPPED OUT and flung across the room, and of course my friends were laughing like hyenas (as good friends will do).

Well anyway, this morning -after tapping on the lenses- the lens POPPED OUT again.... But this time it was in my bedroom -which is literally a war-zone, and has been for more than 7 months. I could not find it anywhere. I was getting really pissed, especially at God, like why the heck aren't you helping me find it RIGHT THIS VERY SECOND??@?!?

Finally, I had to call my principal. I said, "I think this is probably the most ridiculous excuse for missing a faculty meeting you have ever heard, but I am going to be late, as my glasses broke, and my lens has gone missing." (She laughed and wished me luck.)

Well, literally 5 minutes later I found it. But................ She did give me permission to arrive late, so I took advantage. Sue me! I had a leisurely breakfast of instant oatmeal (usually it's a Luna Bar -Peanut Butter Cookie flavor in the car) and even did some downward dogs, cat stretch, table pose, & delightful child's pose. Please -I'm no yogi!!

some prayer requests:
for my friend n whose cat just died
for my friend nyuk who is going through some terrible medical problems
for my challenging client -facing in school suspension regarding threats & weapons
(He's only 8!!) :-( Be thankful for your parents, that's all I am going to say. I have been blessed in that department, that's for sure.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:46 AM, November 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Could you please go to Iraq, fight, risk losing your life, your arms and legs and your mind (many come back this way) and stay there as long as the geniuses in charge think is necessary.

    Have you ever worked at a VA. Hospital? I have. You'd change your tune damn fast. Your ignorance is amazing. Please don't pass it on to small children.

    Thinking Republicans and Democarats alike want us Out. Time to stop waving the flag and leave. Enough people have died,risk Your own life. Better yet, let's bring back the draft. This war would have been over a long time ago if it existed.

    Guess what, if we leave in four months or four years it won't matter. Iraqis will revert back to their old ways. They don't want Democracy, they don't want Us, unless it's too kill. Let's just say we won and get the hell out of there.

     
  • At 10:07 PM, November 12, 2006, Blogger Catherine said…

    Hi What???? Who are you????

     

Post a Comment

<< Home