Fill me up, Lord

"You will seek me, & find me when you seek me w/ all your heart," God says. But that is not the whole story. I'm not just a searcher. I'm also a hider. You too. We have to come face-to-face w/ our tendency to hide, to get lost. ~John Ortberg, Love Beyond Reason

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Bon Anniversaire!

Today I celebrated my belated birthday with my parents. We went to Willow Creek to hear my favorite speaker there, Mike Breaux.

Next was a trip to an amazingly tasty & quaint Italian restaurant in Libertyville. We did not talk the entire meal. We were all so engrossed in our meal. The food was amazing. I ordered the Baked Eggplant Parmisagna. Dad ordered something with Italian sausage and vegetables. (He usually orders Fettucine Alfredo, so this was a surprise!) Mom ordered a chicken dish alfredo w/angel hair pasta.

I hope we go back there. It was good food. The problem is though, that my parents don't really like to eat out as much as I do. (Well, maybe it's because they pay for it typically!) And to go more than 15 minutes for dinner, is usually out of the question. So this was very big of my parents to take me there. (I wonder if my dad will read this....)

We came home for dessert -Ice Box cake. A family favorite & birthday tradition. Dan was there albeit exhausted! He works retail, so we hadn't seen him since Black Monday. Cath, did you get a report from G&L?

Willow has some seminars/workshops that I am interested in. I signed up for a solitude retreat that I attended a year ago. It was an amazing experience. Also there is a budgeting class & a spiritual mentoring/growth class that looks interesting.

WC is a friendly place where people are genuinely worshipping Christ and being Jesus to their community. And isn't that what the Christian life is all about?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home