Fill me up, Lord

"You will seek me, & find me when you seek me w/ all your heart," God says. But that is not the whole story. I'm not just a searcher. I'm also a hider. You too. We have to come face-to-face w/ our tendency to hide, to get lost. ~John Ortberg, Love Beyond Reason

Monday, October 02, 2006

Things I don't understand

I don't understand why 17 year olds need parental permission to get aspirin, but don't in most states to get an abortion? I would say that it at very least is a surgical procedure??!

I don't understand why the kinks in my shoulders & neck don't go away.

I don't understand how my ex-chiropractor waited almost a year to bill my insurance.

I kinda understand (but don't want to) why my MRI cost out of pocket $300.

I don't understand why God created babies that when held, their heads almost pop off.

I don't understand that when I engage in conversation, people talk over me, or don't respond at all.

I don't understand how every month I forget my roommate will give me a rent check; so when I get it, it's such a exhilarating surprise.

I don't understand why I don't just freaking clean my room.

I don't understand why the boys in my class are drama mamas and cry about other boys telling "God that they are being bad". Also why do they come up to me and say "so-and-so is mad at me, can you talk to him?". Wow. I'm sure Dr. Dobson would be impressed with their ability to not suppress their emotions, but give me a freaking break!!! BE A BOY, don't be a nasty, meow-meow girl.

I don't understand why the cherry limeade I bought doesn't really taste that great.

I don't understand why the raspberries I bought get moldy within 2 days. I did an experiment this time.... I kept I carton on the carton & 1 in the fridge = 2 cartons of moldy raspberries. I have tried this experiment to no avail at several produce deparments across the Chicagoland area.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home