Fill me up, Lord

"You will seek me, & find me when you seek me w/ all your heart," God says. But that is not the whole story. I'm not just a searcher. I'm also a hider. You too. We have to come face-to-face w/ our tendency to hide, to get lost. ~John Ortberg, Love Beyond Reason

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The best parts about being an adult are...

1. Getting to eat Cocoa Krispies for breakfast
2. Not eating any salad at family dinner, knowing there is NOTHING your parents can do about it

Go a HEAD and GROUND ME! HMPH! I will stay at my own house! So there!! :-)

For the record, I was never grounded. I was threatened to not be allowed to babysit, and this I did indeed take note of accordingly.

When I was growing up and I didn't want to eat certain items, I would wear a double layer of socks. Then I'd put any item I didn't eat in the socks. Then I would dump it out in the toilet, and put the top layer sock in the laundry.

Unwanted food items included: fish, salad,& asparagaus, and bean soup. Yes, I know I have true talent!

My parents NEVER found out until I told them in college.
Quite a feat, eh?

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home