Fill me up, Lord

"You will seek me, & find me when you seek me w/ all your heart," God says. But that is not the whole story. I'm not just a searcher. I'm also a hider. You too. We have to come face-to-face w/ our tendency to hide, to get lost. ~John Ortberg, Love Beyond Reason

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Yada Yada #5 is out!!!

Eeee! This is one of my FAVORITE series!! It's about a racially/economically diverse group of urban women, who get tangled through prayer in each others' lives. It's community if I ever saw it! It's awesome to see the lessons the Lord teaches the ladies and the readers.

This series of books have real spawned a number of similar prayer groups throughout the country. I know it has been a great model for my small group, or at least something to strive for.

----
The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Caught,Book #5 in this popular series by Neta Jackson is now available! Read a sample chapter: www.daveneta.com

For the Yada prayer sisters and their families, getting caught up in troubles isn't the problem; it's how to get free.

Only weeks ago, we Yada Yada sisters toughened our prayer knees when one of our own was the victim of a vicious, racial attack. Now it seems each household is being thrown into even bigger and badder circumstances. It especially worries me, Jodi Baxter, because I'm a fixer by nature, and the prayer list is getting out of control . . .

If there is an upside, it's that all this trouble is revealing the subtle lies we Yadas believe about God, ourselves, each other and life. Maybe our best hope is to catch on to what God's doing and catch on quick! Before the enemy can take any prisoners. That'd be a freedom worth celebrating.

And celebrating is what I and my spiritual sisters do best!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home