Fill me up, Lord

"You will seek me, & find me when you seek me w/ all your heart," God says. But that is not the whole story. I'm not just a searcher. I'm also a hider. You too. We have to come face-to-face w/ our tendency to hide, to get lost. ~John Ortberg, Love Beyond Reason

Saturday, August 12, 2006

A Piece of Peace: But When?

U.N. Peace Plan Accepted by all 3 parties!
Thank you, Jesus! Way to be, way to be.

I am sure this is just a band-aid over a huge wound,
but at least some of the killing and dying will stop (temporarily).

But there is no start date for the cessation of violence.
And, Israel is allowed to keep fighting until Sunday? Uh, ok....

The UN sure took its time...
and still has not addressed the issues in Iran & North Korea.
I am sure those will be addressed in 2007,
if Syria/Iran/North Korea haven't blown up the planet.

The article I read, says that people worldwide have lost respect for the UN as a result of the time delay in decision-making.

Hmm, I think most of us already held that view.

The U.N. cannot even control its so-called "peace keepers" from raping local women & girls in villages/cities across Africa.

I think Lebanon DOES need financial and other misc. support.
But why do we have to take the lead?
What about Saudi Arabia, or Egypt, or the UAE, or Germany or what-have-you.

Who da thunk it that FRANCE and the U.S. would be the ones to draft it?
Maybe there is hope for our relationship with our cousines francaise.

GO CONDI, GO CONDI!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:29 PM, August 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Jill. I know that this is not going to be a popular opinion, but it really hurts my heart the way that you are keep making Israel out to be the bad guy. Israel has had to fight simply to Be from the very beginning. It was created after the Holocaust. It was created so that there would always be a place where the Jewish people could call their own...and perhaps flee to in case of another Holocaust.

    I don't know the Bible as well as you- can't quote Chapter and Verse the way you can, but I know this to be true. I also know that in the Bible, Isreal was promised to the Jews by God. I don't think God takes back His promises the way man does.

    There Will be peace in the Middle East, if Israel IS Allowed to exist. None of the other countries want this to happen. Do you know how many times innocent civilians have been bombed in restaurants and children in school buses? No Isreal is not entirely *innocent*- They Do defend themselves, but only because no one will let the Jews have a homeland.

    Other countries have (Palestine for one) refused to even acknowledge Israel as an actual country with a right to exist. Isn't that Totally Amazing? Israel Will Never Go Gently Into The Night. The people there have a right to their country, the same as other people. That is basically all they want, and basically what all their neighbors Don't Want.

    Incidentally (actually not so incidentally) Hezbollah started this whole thing when they captured and imprisoned 2 Israeli soldiers. What was Israel supposed to do, ignore these people? Send a message-You can do whatever you like, we won't fight you. What a dangerous message that would be. BTW, they are Still prisoners. I wonder how they are being treated?

    By the way, this is not me wanting to debate you. This is me stating my thoughts and feelings. This is something I am very grateful for the right to do. Thank you for listening. I will pray for peace in the Middle East, but I know this won't happen unless Israel is finally allowed to Be Free and not have to keep fighting for their very right to exist.

     
  • At 6:33 PM, August 14, 2006, Blogger Literacygirl said…

    I am glad you wrote what you wrote! You are TOTALLY entitled to your opinion & I respect that. I enjoy looking at all sides of the issue. I just wonder how GOD sees it. We need to pray for the Palestinian Christians too. They must be hurting as well. Take care! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home