Fill me up, Lord

"You will seek me, & find me when you seek me w/ all your heart," God says. But that is not the whole story. I'm not just a searcher. I'm also a hider. You too. We have to come face-to-face w/ our tendency to hide, to get lost. ~John Ortberg, Love Beyond Reason

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Pain in the Foot

I have a prayer request.

I have had bad pain in my foot for the past 2 weeks. It is causing me to limp, which is causing my hip to hurt. I cannot run at all.

I went the physician's assistant (PA -shout-out to Regina!) who said it was probably arthritis. Well, how's that for feeling old. Anyway, I went downstairs to get an X-Ray, and the radiologist told me under the table, that nothing shouted out to him that it was broken or anything?

WTF!? (My version of what the FREAK, not F- - --)

The Dr. Says I cannot be barefoot in the house anymore, no more sandals or flip-flops. I am so completely dead. I frickin' hate shoes. I will wear my new tennis shoes, & then my roomie and I have a date to go to the running shoe store so the guy can look at my foot, and see what kind of support I need. And if you happen to see me wearing the above mentioned banned footwear, keep your yapper shut. I don't want to hear about it.

I am just freaking 30 years YOUNG people.
My friend with RH told me to take glucosamine. I've taken gluco in the past for my hips, but I sort of think it's a scam. There are not enough studies out there that prove it helps long-term. And plus, how many vitamins/supplements do I need to take & buy? I think4 is enough for now.
RJIAERJIOAERJIO!

How am I supposed to exercise?
How am I supposed to friggin' walk???
If I don't get any answers, I am going to my mother's podiatrist. Although, I do have a nice ortho from when I broke my foot 2 years ago.
And mom says that arthritis usually comes where you have broken a bone before. However, I broke my 4th & 5th metatarsal, and my pain is in the middle of my foot (which is where Regina says arthritis usually comes about).

Okay, I don't have cancer or anything, but OUCH! OWWWWWWWWWWWWCH!

plus now I have to go to an EarsNose&Throat for my ears. My ears have always sucked. I have such bad memories of going to the ENT as a child, I cannot even tell you. I shiver just thinking about it.

My ears have been ringing non-stop for I think 9 months or longer....And drops didn't help. And according to Regina AND the almighty Internet, there really is no cure for it. It's not the end of the world, but it certainly is dang annoying.

And that folks, is my medical update. (well, minus the scoop on my sleeping)
You know you are freaking old when you are whining non-stop about your freaking medical conditions. Sigh. :-)

Please pray that we can figure out a way for me to go back to regular walking and exercise walking without pain soon. Danke/Merci/Thank You

1 Comments:

  • At 11:27 PM, August 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Prayers sent. Sorry that you are hurting so. Now, I hope you get a good doctor to help you. You are right, you are way too young to be limping around...it is an unacceptable state for anyone if there is help available. Good luck and take care.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home