Fill me up, Lord

"You will seek me, & find me when you seek me w/ all your heart," God says. But that is not the whole story. I'm not just a searcher. I'm also a hider. You too. We have to come face-to-face w/ our tendency to hide, to get lost. ~John Ortberg, Love Beyond Reason

Thursday, August 10, 2006

More Willow

Shhhh... don't tell Pastor Colin, but I went to Willow again last night. Last week speaking was one of my favorite authors, John Ortberg. Last night it was Mike Breux. I love him -he is so amazing! He has such a fun sense of humor, and really knows how to communicate God's message in a very clear manner. THE PRAISE AGAIN WAS AWESOME!!! And this week (as it was last week) we sang all familiar songs. (sometimes willow/harvest will sing songs written specifically for their church -i hate that). IT WAS AN INCREDIBLE TIME WITH THE LORD! Usually, I detest those stupid worship choruses, because you say the same line over and over and over again. But the Spirit must have been present, because I could have sang "Holy, Holy, Holy" three million times. Maybe I should go to the contemporary service downstairs sometime.

Our church has 2 services
-in the main sanctuary: Old School service (traditional worship w/organ, orchestra & choir)
-in the gym: The Sinner Service (Worship band)

I prefer old school. But mixing it up with some SS is good too.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home