Fill me up, Lord

"You will seek me, & find me when you seek me w/ all your heart," God says. But that is not the whole story. I'm not just a searcher. I'm also a hider. You too. We have to come face-to-face w/ our tendency to hide, to get lost. ~John Ortberg, Love Beyond Reason

Friday, August 11, 2006

Feet: Part Deux

Okay, I know you guys are not really that intrigued about my feet update, but isn't that what blogging is all about? Being self-indulgent? Remember this blog is mine, so I am venting and releasing my negative energy. Hee!

Feet: Regina (PA) said the xray of my foot is normal. But, that for arthritis to show up on an x-ray it has to be 30% present already. (I don't know how to term that correctly. I was going to say effaced, but I have too much Catherine on the brain.) So, now I am going to go the podiatrist. If that doesn't work, well, even regardless... I think I will go to a reflexologist.

See, when I broke my foot the last time, even when it was officially healed, it still was painful. (kind of like when George W. Bush said, "Mission Accomplished", and we are still gunning the crap out of the insurgent Iraqis). So, I'd get up every morning, and just groan in pain, and have to hop out of bed. Eventually, I could limp, and then once I got going, it would be okay. So, last August I had my first massage. After the massage therapist massaged my foot, I NEVER HAD A SINGLE PROBLEM AGAIN!!

So maybe that will work again. My roommate was telling me all about reflexology. Apparently, her GRANDMOTHER in KANSAS is a reflexologist???!@?!? I was like what the heck? I thought reflexologists were hairy, vegetarian, tree-huggers with great karma. I stand corrected.

Ears: 2 appointments. With ENTs. (long story, don't want to go there)

A Social Update:
am watching the television show LOST: Season One with a friend. We were supposed to get through the whole season before fall, but I don't think its going to happen. What shall I do? Season THREE starts in September! I am so screwed!!

CUTE BAG from GAP!!! (Brown & Pink: reversible) Hint: good gift for Literacygirl!!
http://www.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=13776&pageID=1

1 Comments:

  • At 11:13 PM, August 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Keep trying until you find the right doctor. No one as young as you should be limping around.

    Suggestion: Try a warm thermal heating pad where it hurts. Don't leave it on too long. This helped me when I injured my ankle a few years ago. This and an ice pack. The Physical Therapists say that you should alternate heat and cold. Also leg exercises, which you can find out about. Good luck and more prayers sent.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home