Fill me up, Lord

"You will seek me, & find me when you seek me w/ all your heart," God says. But that is not the whole story. I'm not just a searcher. I'm also a hider. You too. We have to come face-to-face w/ our tendency to hide, to get lost. ~John Ortberg, Love Beyond Reason

Friday, August 11, 2006

Are you being filled?

Are you being filled by the Spirit?
or by the media?
or by your relationships?
or by your job?
or by your children?
or by other substitutes/addictions/vices such as...well, we won't go there today.

I am posting this verse AGAIN, because we all NEED IT!!!

"If you have tasted the Lord's goodness and kindness, cry for more, as a baby cries for milk. Eat God's Word -read it, think about it, -and grow strong in the Lord and be saved."

That's kind of what I meant by naming this blog "Fill Me Up, Lord". I want to be filled up with God's glory, grow into the fullness of my salvation; "Fill me up, Lord" is my cry to God, and the commitment I make to study the Word of God.

This is a charge for myself. The next few weeks are going to be crazy-busy-stressful. ALL the more reason to get filled up by the Spirit & leave other options aside.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:46 PM, August 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Why don't you ever take the time as a Christian to talk to the people who take the time to answer your questions? Bloggers usually respond,not just ask for response. It would be a nice thing to do.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home