Fill me up, Lord

"You will seek me, & find me when you seek me w/ all your heart," God says. But that is not the whole story. I'm not just a searcher. I'm also a hider. You too. We have to come face-to-face w/ our tendency to hide, to get lost. ~John Ortberg, Love Beyond Reason

Thursday, July 27, 2006

HONESTY AND HUMILITY: LIBERATION

What I am working on....

#1 I am working on anger and bitterness I have towards someone. My anger and bitterness affect no one but myself. (and my relationship with God) Why would I want to bring such things into my life & cause physical, spiritual, & emotional damage? Why would I want to give someone that much power??? But, forgiveness is HARD.
It sucks.
It means getting rid of my pride.
It requires humility.

And sucking it up.


#2 An oldie but a goodie: I know I need to work on identifying the lies I tell about myself and replace them with truths, specifically God's truth.

#3 Feeling my feelings, instead of eating them. Turning to God first, instead of food. Not making food and television my idol.

#4 Surrendering my worries about being single, and know that while it is normal to have desires to have children and be married, God is like a parent. He is all-knowing, he sees the whole picture/journey, and knows what is best for me. I need to work on not being angry w/ God in this area too.

#5 Thinking about what turning 30 signifies to me.... using this decade to produce personal, spiritual, emotional, physical & growth;

#6 Making healthy choices regarding exercising and eating regardless of whether it causes me to lose weight or not;

#7 Accepting myself;

#8 Knowing that making decisions based on feelings isn't a good idea. Feelings can be very deceiving & changeable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home