Fill me up, Lord

"You will seek me, & find me when you seek me w/ all your heart," God says. But that is not the whole story. I'm not just a searcher. I'm also a hider. You too. We have to come face-to-face w/ our tendency to hide, to get lost. ~John Ortberg, Love Beyond Reason

Friday, July 14, 2006

Highlights of Summer

I've just been totally enjoying my summer. I was really worried with the lack of structure, what exactly might come about in terms of behaviors and taking care of myself.

Here are the highlights so far:
(It's neat to see that the highlights are simple things...)
swimming with Cath
Sarah's softball game
watching LOST with Penny
joining a great class at my gym
FINALLY restarting my "healthy lifestyle"
getting tan from all the walking I've been doing
watching reruns of Starting Over & Oprah; getting hooked on SHALOM IN THE HOME
hosting 4th of July with my immediate and extended family
reading through the Pauline Epistles! (am going through the Gospels now)
reading whatever the heck I want to
reading & also reading...
hanging out with my small group divas
WOMEN of FAITH conference (well the sleepover we had between the 2 days
having my aunt and uncle move back to Illinois
going to a CUBS game (yes, they kinda suck this year)
meeting friends for lunch
growing in my relationship with Christ, and being challenged especially by passages in Ephesians and Colossians.
WAITING FOR MY "NEWPHEW" TO BE BORN!!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 6:42 PM, July 14, 2006, Blogger Catherine said…

    Those are AWESOME highlights!!! I LOVE swimming with you...and you ARE tan!!!! And, I can't WAIT for your nephew to be born. :)

     
  • At 1:09 PM, July 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay! I'm happy your summer is going well! I'm so proud of you and excited that you are really sticking to your Bible reading! That is a true accomplishment! When is your nephew going to be born?

     
  • At 6:06 PM, July 31, 2006, Blogger Brett said…

    The only problem with summer is that it is too short...and hot if you live in FL like me. School is starting back up here this week! When I was growing up, summer wasn't over until after Labor Day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home