Fill me up, Lord

"You will seek me, & find me when you seek me w/ all your heart," God says. But that is not the whole story. I'm not just a searcher. I'm also a hider. You too. We have to come face-to-face w/ our tendency to hide, to get lost. ~John Ortberg, Love Beyond Reason

Sunday, July 23, 2006

He is Born!

All hail ASHER THOMAS MCNIEL

My nephew arrived Saturday, July 22nd at 3:03 pm.

(for some cute pictures, click on the "Just Catherine" link on the right side of the screen.)

I saw him today and he is adorable.
Beautiful big blue eyes,
reddish/blondish hair,
LOOOOONG toes and fingers!

He is also cute and scrumptious.

I got to hold him for about 2 hours while he slept and cooed and cried. I even got to suck saliva out of him. Daddy Matthew took care of the dirty diaper. I learned a lot about breast-feeding. I learned.... that I want to be a virgin for at least a few more days.... but being an aunt is just great!

According to the lactation nurse, he is one of the "better suckers on the floor"! Way to be, Asher! Can't wait to see you until tomorrow!!! Good job Cath! I am proud of you!!! Enjoy that vanilla pudding with oreo you ordered!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:14 PM, July 27, 2006, Blogger Catherine said…

    Jill!!! I love you!!! I'm so sorry you couldn't come the next day...but please come again soon! Thank you for loving my little baby!!!

     
  • At 1:06 AM, July 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Beautiful pictures of the little one and his mom and dad. Congratulations to the new "Aunt" and to you Catherine. You all look so glowy :) Much happiness and good years wished to you all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home