Fill me up, Lord

"You will seek me, & find me when you seek me w/ all your heart," God says. But that is not the whole story. I'm not just a searcher. I'm also a hider. You too. We have to come face-to-face w/ our tendency to hide, to get lost. ~John Ortberg, Love Beyond Reason

Sunday, July 30, 2006

contentment

Contentment is...
*watching kids play in the pool
*your Diet Pepsi arriving at your table
*grilled cheese

*knowing that life is enough, and there will be more in the future
*being willing to have patience
*accepting and letting the flow go
*knowing you are cared for

*understanding that there is nothing you can do to make God love you more
*understanding that there is nothing you can do to make God love you less

*having an inner joy that is independent of one's feelings and circumstances
*surrendering your plans for God's
*trust

1 Comments:

  • At 12:52 AM, July 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cool...agree with everything but the Diet Pepsi ;-)Thanks for sharing it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home