Fill me up, Lord

"You will seek me, & find me when you seek me w/ all your heart," God says. But that is not the whole story. I'm not just a searcher. I'm also a hider. You too. We have to come face-to-face w/ our tendency to hide, to get lost. ~John Ortberg, Love Beyond Reason

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

God's Answer to Anger

I have avoided this blog & the Word of God like the plague. Oh don't get me wrong, I've written entries in my head, and I continue to read my reguritated Christian self-help books, but I have stayed away from my reading of the Bible. A passage in Colossians has me stuck. It answers my question of dealing with anger. And, well, I don't really want to apply it right now, and I can't even see when I could even into the future. It's not a present reality. My heart and mind are so stubborn. But, that's where I've been at, & continue to be at.

Here's the passage:

12God has chosen you. You are holy and loved by Him. Because of this, your new life should be full of loving-pity. You should be kind to others and have no pride. Be gentle and be willing to wait for others. 13Try to understand other people. Forgive each other. If you have something against someone, forgive him. That is the way the Lord forgave you. 14And to all these things, you must add love. Love holds everything and everybody together and makes all these good things perfect. 15Let the peace of Christ have power over your hearts. You were chosen as a part of His body. Always be thankful.

16Let the teaching of Christ and His words keep on living in you. These make your lives rich and full of wisdom. Keep on teaching and helping each other. Sing the Songs of David and the church songs and the songs of heaven with hearts full of thanks to God. 17Whatever you say or do, do it in the name of the Lord Jesus. Give thanks to God the Father through the Lord Jesus.

The Living Translation says for v. 17: "And whatever you do or say, let it be as a REPRESENTATIVE of the LORD JESUS, and come with him INTO THE PRESENCE of GOD the Father to give him your thanks."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home