Fill me up, Lord

"You will seek me, & find me when you seek me w/ all your heart," God says. But that is not the whole story. I'm not just a searcher. I'm also a hider. You too. We have to come face-to-face w/ our tendency to hide, to get lost. ~John Ortberg, Love Beyond Reason

Monday, June 05, 2006

Anger

I am so angry at someone in my life. I am not sure how to work through it. I have binged/overeaten, isolated myself, screamed & yelled, journaled (some, need to do more), written fake letters to this person, and prayed to God about how I am feeling. I am not sure how to get through it. Every time I think about or see this person, obscenities come to mind. It's taking a lot energy of me, and it's totally wasted on this person that I don't even respect anyway. So, I am just sitting in anger. Advice?

3 Comments:

  • At 10:48 PM, June 06, 2006, Blogger Catherine said…

    Are you able to identify anything about this situation, or this person, which is similar to other painful, destructive situations or people in your life? If the fuel behind your anger is more than just this person, this situation, you may need to realize this before being able to overcome it...

     
  • At 11:15 PM, June 10, 2006, Blogger Posh Lady said…

    pray for the person you are angry with - it will change everything.

     
  • At 1:01 AM, June 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think that Catherine's advice hits a nerve with me and is good. When I feel really hurt or angry about someone that I don't even respect, it usually has to do with something that is unresolved with someone else. That someone is usually a person from my past that meant a lot to me, and this new person (who really isn't that important) is triggering some kind of reaction to that.

    Nyukers advice was good a well. Also,can you write a letter-unsent of course (sorry if this sounds corny) to the person and tell them exactly why she/he makes you so angry and affirm that you are a worthy human being and a child of God? Hope you feel better.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home