Fill me up, Lord

"You will seek me, & find me when you seek me w/ all your heart," God says. But that is not the whole story. I'm not just a searcher. I'm also a hider. You too. We have to come face-to-face w/ our tendency to hide, to get lost. ~John Ortberg, Love Beyond Reason

Friday, May 26, 2006

Snickers Salad

An acquaintance says she makes this. I am intrigued.....
(And Cath, no we are not cutting up your dog...)

1 large tub of Cool Whip
1 large package of vanilla instant pudding
1 cup of milk (for the pudding)
1 bag of fun size Snickers or 3 super size Snickers, cut up into small chunks
3 medium size Granny Smith apples or other tart apple, cut up into small chunks

In a large bowl, mix up the pudding and then combine it with the Cool Whip. Add the Snickers and then the apples.

Note: Cut the apples after you have mixed the other ingredients so that they aren't brown when you add them.

-----------------------Part 2: Do you ever feel like you just need to be Jesus to yourself? Because that is where I am at right now people. Yes, yes, I need to get my focus on others and stop being selfish, but there is a point to loving yourself so that you CAN be loving to others. And claiming the fact that you are God's child and worthy, etc.

I guess what I am saying is....I need to show love to myself, and give myself grace. God doesn't even THINK you can be perfect!!! So don't worry! Don't perform! Of course, do respond to his love, but ya know... chill!

And you know what...this is not related, but I want to go get manicures and buy a new workout outfit. So there! (not sure where the animosity is coming from)Maybe it's not anomosity, just decisiveness, wanting to make changes, and hoping that manicures and a new outfit will inspire me? How sick, and yet I might just do it! I don't think it is necessarily self-medicating, but it could be inspiration to spur me on to greater things like not feeding the poor, but taking care of myself, and exercising and all that jazz. (I so don't want this to be a weight loss blog!!!)

Also, is there such a thing as a non-pregnancy doula? Because I might need to investigate...maybe I just need a hug??

2 Comments:

  • At 2:04 AM, May 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    grodie to the max!

     
  • At 9:34 PM, May 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hugs are always good. Nothing wrong with a new outfit and a manicure as long as you are not putting yourself into debt or anything. I can't say anything bad against the "Sweet Stuff" either. Major sweet tooth here :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home