Fill me up, Lord

"You will seek me, & find me when you seek me w/ all your heart," God says. But that is not the whole story. I'm not just a searcher. I'm also a hider. You too. We have to come face-to-face w/ our tendency to hide, to get lost. ~John Ortberg, Love Beyond Reason

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Faith Lost, Faith Found

I have lost my childhood faith, and gained something so much better. Within the past two years, I have developed a faith that is authentic, intimate, sufficient, steady, & certain. It questions and searches....

3 Comments:

  • At 6:22 PM, May 21, 2006, Blogger Catherine said…

    Awesome! What made the change?

     
  • At 9:30 PM, May 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How did you do this?

     
  • At 11:03 PM, May 30, 2006, Blogger Literacygirl said…

    Seeker, for me it was finding a group of like-minded people who wanted to develop an intimate relationship with God. In addition, I had a woman come into my life that could mentor me and counsel me. I would recommend getting involved with a church. But the best thing to do is to just cry out to God. God wants to know how you are feeling. He wants to KNOW YOU, just like we want to KNOW HIM. In order to KNOW HIM, we have got to be reading His word, and learning more about Him, through other mature Christians, and books. (Bible is the best.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home